pourquoi estt Nova appelé vert Princeps?

Répondre
garryendson

pourquoi estt Nova appelé vert Princeps?

Message par garryendson »

Why is Nova called green princeps :?: This question boggled and are still confusing many people
As we all know nova were once known as green T.princeps because they were mistakenly sold as T.princeps but turned out to be something different growing very fast no other trachycaprus can beat (excluding Winsan).
However some say Nova are just T.fortunei except for the faster growth rate. Actually, it is not correct.

Look at the photos of Nova -narrow type and you will better understand what I am getting at. This narrow type of Nova seedlings is identical to those of princeps in term of evenly and narrowly split leaves minus the white powder .It makes sense to call this narrow type of Nova green princeps before we figure the mystery out as clearly as now.
Jim also got a nova which I think belongs to this form, but compacter bearing more resemblance to princeps in this respect.I noticed this variation on my Nova as well which has no leggy trunk or elongated petioles, just giving a confusing impression of princeps, I distinguish from princeps only by checking and confirming the white powder.

Based on our observation of hundreds of Nova seedlings grown in the field and pots from the seeds in the stone gate, we found out that there are actually two forms of Nova.
One is the wide type with wide,stiff and irregularly split leaves ,but narrower than those of T. fortunei, This is what many growers got and is the reason why some unsuspecting people say Nova is a kind of T.fortunei except they are growing fast with stretched trunk.
the second is narrow type with narrowly and regularly split leaves like princeps we showed in the photos.
What is interesting is that both forms are growing pretty fast with long and large parts than their counterparts other trachycarpus do not match.

See more photos of both forms.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/18211312@N04/

Pourquoi est-Nouvelle appelé princeps vert:?: Cette question boggled et sont encore confuses de nombreuses personnes
Comme nous le savons tous nova étaient autrefois connu sous le nom T.princeps vertes parce qu'elles ont été vendu par erreur que T.princeps mais s'est avéré être quelque chose de différent une croissance très rapide ne peut battre trachycaprus d'autres (à  l'exclusion Winsan).
Cependant, certains ne sont que la Nouvelle-dire T.fortunei sauf pour le taux de croissance plus rapide. En fait, il n'est pas correct.

Regardez les photos de type Nouvelle-étroit et vous comprendrez mieux ce que je veux en venir. Ce type de semis étroites Nova est identique à  ceux des princeps en terme de feuilles réparti de manière égale et étroitement moins la poudre blanche. Il est logique d'appeler ce type étroite de princeps Nouvelle-vert avant de la figure du mystère le plus clairement maintenant.
Jim a également obtenu une nova qui, je crois appartient à  cette forme, mais plus compact portant plus de ressemblance avec princeps dans ce respect.I remarqué cette variation sur mon Nova ainsi qui n'a pas de tronc élancé ou des pétioles allongés, tout donnant une impression de confusion des princeps, Je distingue de princeps que par la vérification et la confirmation de la poudre blanche.

Sur la base de notre observation de centaines de jeunes plants cultivés en Nouvelle-terrain et des pots à  partir des graines dans la porte en pierre, nous avons découvert que il ya en fait deux formes de la Nouvelle. [/ B]
Le premier est le type de large avec split large, raide et irrégulière feuilles [/ b], mais plus étroites que celles de T. fortunei, C'est ce que de nombreux producteurs obtenu et la raison pour laquelle certaines personnes sans méfiance Nouvelle-dire une sorte de T.fortunei sauf qu'ils sont de plus en plus rapide avec le tronc étendu.
, la seconde est de type étroit avec justesse et régulièrement répartie feuilles [/ b] comme princeps, nous avons montré dans les photos.
Ce qui est intéressant est que les deux formes sont de plus en plus assez rapide avec des pièces longues et larges que leurs homologues d'autres Trachycarpus ne correspondent pas.

Voir plus de photos de ces deux formes.
thierryb

Re: pourquoi estt Nova appelé vert Princeps?

Message par thierryb »

Hi Harry,

Just a question about the resistance. Which minimum temperature do you recommend for this nova Tachycarpus? I found true princeps quite fragile.
However very interesting comments about the growth rate and leaves ' form!

Salut Harry,

Une petite question concernant la résistance. Quelles températures minimales ces Trachycarpus nova peuvent accepter ? J'ai trouvé les vrais princeps particulièrement fragiles.
Article très intéressant sur les différences de vitesse de croissance et de formes de feuilles!

Best wishes: Thierry
garryendson

Re: pourquoi estt Nova appelé vert Princeps?

Message par garryendson »

Thierry, there is no consensus on its cold hardiness while they are still young as some said the seedlings are less hardy than fortunei whereas other reported hardy than fortunei as someone in Netherlands from EPS said his Nova got through 2 harsh winters,-19C in the year before last,followed by 1-6C last year.I guess it is at least more hardy than martianus based on its source or even close to fortunei if the crown is kept off wet which normally causes spear rot and worsens the frost damage.
It is still too early too draw a final conclusion till they are adult palms to be tested The following experiences from different growers in Europe may be helpful to you for reference.
from http://www.cemunnos.nl/forum/index.php? ... 5&pageNo=2

"Last year many people were saying how well they( T.princeps) had come through 2 very cold winters, and correct me if i'm wrong but the vast majority of these palms are still relatively small (under a couple of feet). I still loose small fortunei and wagnerianus every year (yes even in my average winter low around -6c). So the same would apply to princeps for me with weaker ones being filtered out, with some being tougher that others, also taking into account other variables."

"What's the growth rate like on your princeps Ted compared to fortunei for instance?
Perhaps humidity is the real problem with these, because reports from the Netherlands have these (T.princeps)as equally hardy as fortunei. Perhaps dry cold is not a problem, but wet and cold is a deadly combination? "

from http://www.palmsociety.org.uk/forum/top ... opicpage=2

"The night of December 17th has been terrible for Central Italy.The temperature at my country house garden has been -10°C for some hours.Nevertheless fortunei,Naini tal,wagnerianus,takil,Manipur,nova,princeps endured this minimum without any damage or burning. Latisectus and martianus on the contrary have been damaged by burnings on almost all the leaves.In the same night at the sea side house garden the min. temp. has been -7°C,the lowest in about 30 years.Nanus,oreophilus and geminisectus have not had any damage."

"So in summary from the responses so far it looks like fortunei, waggy and nanus are pretty much hardy in England. Princeps around chamearops hardiness (some protection needed if aproaching -10) then manipur and oreophilius with the least hardiest being latisectus and martianus."

"nanus
fortunei and waggie and princeps
manipur
oreophilus and geminisectus
latisectus
martianus
I dont think there is a huge difference between any of the first 3 lines".

from http://www.palmsociety.org.uk/forum/top ... opicpage=1
Répondre

Retourner vers « Trachycarpus nova (princeps vert) »